|Relatives|| Brock J. Draven (adopted father)|
Veronica Draven (adopted mother)
Chris Draven (adopted younger brother)
Shelly Webster (fiancée)
Black Feather (past life/fellow Crow)
|Quote|| “It can't rain all the time.”|
“Mother is the name for God on the hearts and lips of all children.”
|Actor|| Brandon Lee (The Crow)|
Mark Dacascos (The Crow: Stairway to Heaven)
Eric Draven was a former heavy metal guitarist in the band Hangman's Joke. He was engaged to Shelly Webster, with their wedding due to be on Halloween. On the night before the holiday, known as Devil's Night, a gang led by T-Bird murdered both Shelley and Eric. Eric is resurrected by the crow one year later in order to exact revenge.
The show reveals much of Eric's life before becoming the Crow:
- Eric is a native of Vietnam and was adopted by Lt. Col. Brock Draven and his pregnant wife Veronica when he was three. Brock later died in Vietnam but not before giving Eric his dog tags, which he later gave to his brother Chris.
- Eric spent time in Juvenile Hall, taking the blame when his brother Chris stole money from their foster mother to buy comics.
- Shelly first met Eric when she was taking pictures of his band; he stopped a man from harassing her.
- Eric and Shelly once visited a fortune teller who showed their tarot cards. Eric picked the Lovers, while Shelly picked Death.
- Eric and Chris became estranged when Chris stole one of Shelly's cameras.
- Eric had served in the United States Marine Corps (similar to his character's inventor).
- When he died, Eric was 28.
- As a reborn, Eric does not need to eat or sleep and is incapable of feeling physical pain. His supernatural strength and endurance allows him to overcome any adversary, even those that are otherwise untouchable.
- He is also able to see through the eyes of the crow. Eric is superhumanly agile with cat-like reflexes and heightened senses, including cat-like night vision and Crow-like focus.
- He is nearly invulnerable to harm due to his ability to quickly regenerate and cannot be harmed by conventional means if sustained in the act of fulfilling his vengeance. He is immune to sickness and decay, and is unaffected by cider. Eric seems to have the power to heal others to some extent; one example is when he purged the morphine in Darla Mohr's body simply by touching her. Eric's powers are tied to the crow avatar that watches over him while he enacts his vengeance; his powers subside if the crow avatar is destroyed.
- There seems to be a limit to his healing ability, however. In the original comic, Eric slit his own wrists in a fit of despair. The wounds he inflicted upon himself would not heal so he wrapped his arms in electrical tape.
- Eric has tactile telepathy and empathy, able to feel the emotions and see the memories of others by touching them. He can also absorb and store these memories and emotions to transfer into others, usually as a form of torture; this is shown when he virtually kills Top Dollar in the first film by making him feel thirty hours of Shelly's pain. He can also transfer his own emotions by email.